Sunday, August 19, 2012

Sunday morning

Three months since my move to Washington, DC, I've decided to start a blog. Yes, it's about time.

Sunday mornings at the "U Street Mansion" mean classical music and languid sifting through the Sunday Post, signs of what we like to think is a refined household. My four housemates and I range from the artsy (graphic designer, swing dancer) to the athletic. Our collective resume includes positions at CNN, the Holocaust Memorial Museum, the American Geophysical Union, the National Democratic Institute and the Department of Homeland Security.

We live in a brownstone Victorian home built in 1905, a three-story old beauty with narrow creaking stairs and a stubborn gas stove. Our porch opens up to a secret garden, a former cement lot transformed into a green haven by the initiative of our neighbors. I have come to love this home, and the people in it, dearly.




This music is playing as I type. Outside, a slow, gentle rain. The beginning of the end to another precious summer weekend.